Monday, June 12, 2006

Late night monday!

Well its been several days since I last posted. My last post was about the baby birds,,they are getting so big,,it won't be long before they will fly away. Its looking really cramped inside their little quarters.
Mom and I went to our Artiscape on friday,,and what a great time we had. When we got to Jackson, we checked into our hotel and put our luggage and art supplys in the room. Then we headed out to eat lunch and do some shopping. We don't have a Hobby Lobby near us,,so that was one place we wanted to go to in Jackson. First we ate lunch at a really cool diner. The diner was a remake of the 50's diner,,kind of like the one that Fonzi and Richy hung out at. They had so much memoribila on the walls,,just great old pictures of Elvis, James Dean, Marilyn,and on and on. Really cool. Also they had the best chocolate shakes,,the old fashion kind they made in the metal cups.
After that we headed to Hobby Lobby. It was a new store too and really big. Of course they had to have their rubber stamps on sale for half price,,and also their stickers too. Well we racked up on them. After Hobby Lobby we went to Booksamillion bookstore to check out the craft magazines. Got the new Somerset Gallery magazine, and the Paper,Clothe and scissors magazine. Mom got the new Take 10, and Somerset gallery, and the neatest book by Papercrafts. I have got to have it,,going to try to order it online this week-end as they only had one at the store.
After that we went back to the motel to rest for awhile. Then we met several of our stamper friends at the Casey Jones restaurant for dinner. After we got back to the motel we stayed up and did some stamping and read our magazines.
We got to our Art classes at 9 the next morning. There were about 50 of us gals,,and we were revved up to do some creating,,lol. The Jackson Rubberstamp club were the ones who put on the classes every year, and man,,do they bring alot of yummy food. We ate all day long.

The classes were great too. And we had several vendors there. Suzanne Melvin, the owner and creator of Oxford Impressions also did a class, and had all of her stamp sheets there. We have several of her sets and bought even more. I will post pictures of the wonderful art that we created as soon as I can.
We went home saturday afternoon,,stuffed with food, and greatly pleased with the fun we had ,,,also very broke,,lol.
Mom and I have such a wonderful time together,,,so I just have to post a picture of us with our "Tennessee Stampers" shirts on at the classes,, a good friend of ours made the picture.
I Love you Mom,,and I so treasure the fun times we have together and feel so blessed to have you as my bestfriend and partner in Art!

2 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

Oh what a sweet tribute to your mom at the end. Say hello for me. Can't wait to see what you and Lottie made while you were there.

vicci said...

Oh Beth...I love this...your trip sounded like so much fun! I miss my MOm so much...we use to do things like this all the time...she was my best friend...this post made me cry!