Friday, June 30, 2006

Fridays rambles.


Another week has flown by, and Aug. 10 is looming ahead of me. I have July left now, then back to work. I try to get it out of my head and not think about it(can you tell I love my job?)
I have been mulling alot of things around in my head this week,,lots of decisions and choices that I want to make. So I guess I will have to come out of my turtle shell and start making them happen.

Like my dear friend Annie, I plan to start de-cluttering my creative space. I have to decide what I am most happiest at creating. The problem is that I have too many ideas that run through my mind,,I want to do them all! But I have to be realistic.
Also I have been working hard on the excess pounds on my poor old frame,lol. I have learned that in order to actually lose weight I can only eat very small portions,,and no potatoes,pasta, or bread. Luckily I Love Veggies and Fruit and this is the time of year for them. I have alot of cucumbers, bell peppers and tomatoes that are starting to ripen in my small veggie garden. I am also hitting the fruit stands religously every week.
Last night we grilled several chicken breasts on the grill and they are so good. I am a charcoal grill girl,,I grill out almost every night in the hot summer,,keeps the house cooler when you don't use the oven.
Since monday I have lost 6lbs,,,amazingly,,but most of it was of course "excessive" water. And the first 2 days were tough,,learning to eat less is hard work,,,I go through withdrawals,,lol. Headaches, sleep problems,,and very moody. But now I am feeling more normal. I also am back on my treadmill and doing my weights.
Yesterday I made a collage for my daughter's friend whose wedding we attended last week-end.
She came and got it yesterday along with the cds that I burned of her wedding pics. Her husband was with her and when I gave her the collage she starting crying...She loved it,,and he did too. They both said that it was the best present that had recieved. That made me feel so good as I know that received some very nice presents and alot of cash. They just got a new apartment and were headed home to hang it on the wall. I was so thrilled and felt so happy the rest of the night! I am posting the picture of it today.

2 comments:

vicci said...

Love this Beth...she will love it!!! I need to loose a few pounds myself....you go! I wish I hated food!

Daisy Lupin said...

Wow, Beth, I have just posted on another blog about decluttering and now the subject turns up on yours. There is certainly something in the air at the moment, and we all seem to be doing this and making decisions about our lives. Love Daisy Lupin xx