Monday, July 27, 2009

Lazy blogger

So I haven't posted in a week. But I have a few excuses. Number one I have been battling yet another sinus infection. This is like the 5th or 6th one since spring. Went to the doctor again and back on yet another round of antibiotics. If it keeps occurring then I will have to go see a Ears, Nose, and Throat Doctor. Hope this one takes care of it.
The garden is finally slowing down although I am now starting to get my green beans in and they are so good. And still getting okra and tomatoes, next thing will be butter beans.
I have been doing a few little artsy things. The pic above is a small canvas that I did this past week. And below are some tags that I am doing for a tag swap.
I made them in the shape of fish. I then did some stamps and placed a vintage sunbather on them. I used Ultra thick embossing power on them so it looks like they have a resin top coat. I used a actual swivel hook and then tied ribbons and fibers and beads and shells to them. I thought they turned out pretty good. The scan really doesn't do them justice.
I have to officially start back to work on August 10th. But I am going to work Wed-Friday of this week just to get some comp time. Since I went to a 10 month position again I do not get vacation time except the 2 weeks at Christmas. I still get sick time but I thought it would be nice to have a few days that I could take off when I needed too.
I hope every one had a wonderful week-end. I am off to catch up with every one.

XOXOXOOXOXOXOXO

6 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

Hi Beth,

Your blue art piece is way cool. At first glance, I thought a skull was submerged in the background but on second look, merely an illusion. Looks GOOD.

Love the little fish tags.

Lists - easy to do. Add one on your blog, allow no restrictions for what you want on the list, update and add to from time to time. It just keeps on growing. Painless and fun.

Cat said...

I know this may sound odd, but have you been to your dentist?
Sometimes sinus gunk can be caused by inflamed roots.

Mary Timme said...

I think it is more difficult to blog in the summer. Blogging without obligation is the best way to go.

The fish tags look summer and wanting fall to me.

Shopgirl said...

I know how awful these infections are. I have a surgery coming and I am not looking forward to that. But being sick most of the time is no way to live. I love the little fish, and your art is lovely.
Take care of you.
Mary

jet1960 said...

Hope you are feeling better. I received your beautiful post card yesterday! Thanks so much! It meant a lot to me and brightened my days.

Love your new art!

Time off just flies by doesn't it!

Rosa said...

Daig, the summer is almost gone!! Oooh, I want one of those fishy's for Riverside!! I'll swap ya! xoxo