Monday, June 25, 2007

My trip to NY!!!

I am back from a wonderful vacation to New York. Mom and I went up there to visit a dear friend of ours, Jane. We are in the same ATC group with her. Last November, Jane came to Tennessee to visit us, so we went up there this summer to see her world.
We flew into Stewart Airport on Sunday June 17th. We had to leave Nashville very early that morning and laid over in Chicago for about a hour. Arrived at Stewart around 1 p.m. It was a good flight and I took pictures of the clouds because they looked so awesome.

I also had to take a picture of the city of Chicago while I was flying into it.
It was a very pretty day to be flying. After laying over in Chicago we made it to Newburgh and Jane was waiting for us. She took us to a harbor on the Hudson River that was close to her house. She lives almost right on the Hudson river. It was a beautiful harbor and we had lunch at the River Grill. Then we walked along the harbor and looked at the boats.
The next picture is of Mom and Jane at the harbor.
And then a pic of Mom and I at the harbor!
We really enjoyed our lunch. I had a mediterean salad that had calimari in it. That was a first for me, Calamari are little squids that looked like octopuses,,lol. Not too bad though.
After that we went to Jane's house. She has a very pretty house and very comfortable. That night we sat around and also did a little crafting too.
The next day Jane had a art party at her house. She invited some of her friends. She had won a hugh deli sandwich that she cut up for the party. Her is a pic of Jane acting like she was eating the sandwich.

One of Jane's friends, Ruth, brought a beautiful quilt that she had made.
We also got to meet another friend of ours who is in our ATC group, another Beth. She brought some of her beautiful scrapbook pages.
It was a neat get together. Also Jane taught us how to make a explosion card. Which I will post a pic of when I get it out of my craft supplys. After the party, Jane and her daughter Ashley and Mom and I, went to A.C. Moore, which is a craft store. We don't have one here in Tennessee, so we loved it and bought several neat items. I got a hugh pad of paper that was full of great designs. Then we went to the Olive Garden restaurant and had a wonderful Italian dinner.
The next morning we were up and getting ready for our train ride into the big Apple. The train ran right beside the Hudson River all the way into Grand Central Station in the city.

When we got to Grand Central we took a taxi to our hotel. We stayed at the New Yorker Hotel. It is an old hotel but very lovely inside. We had a suite on the 24th floor.
We had some terrific views from there. We were right across the street from Madison Square Garden and Penn station below it.
But the best view we had was of the magnificent Empire state building. Of course I took alot of shots of it.

That night we went to see the Broadway play "Phantom of the Opera". Our seats were on the 4th row from the stage, and it was an amazing play. We were not sure if we could bring our cameras inside, so I didn't get pictures of the theatre but it was beautiful inside. It was as the Majestic Theatre. After the show we had some pizza and then went back to the hotel. As soon as we got inside it started storming, and it was so neat to look out the window of the hotel at the streets and the Empire building all lit up at night.

Most of this week is going to be about my trip. I will have amazing pictures to show of all the sites and places that we got to enjoy. Tomorrow will be my trip to the Empire State Building.
Stop back in tomorrow for that. I hope all my blogger friends are doing good. I have missed you all this past week. Have a marvelous Monday!




4 comments:

Janet said...

Yay! You're back! I missed you but it looks as if you had a fun trip. An art gathering, good food, and friends....what could be better?! Wow....those shots of NYC are great. I'll be back tomorrow for the continued tour.

Suzie Ridler said...

What an absolutely amazing trip you're having! I would love to go see Phantom, I adore Phantom so much. It's wonderful you're spending so much time with family and friends. That sandwich is unbelievable!

Mary Timme said...

Oh what a fun time you must have had. From peace and serenity and fun on the river to the Broadway Show! Sounds wonderful and I'll be sure to come back for more!

vicci said...

Bethie.....Your home!!!!! I loved looking at these photos....sounds and looks like you all had a great time! :-) You all look wonderful and happy! OKAY!!! NEXT trip you are coming out here to California! I can't wait to see more photos...and call me! :-)