Friday, September 19, 2008

A night out with the Hubby!

Last week-end Daniel and I went to downtown Nashville to see a concert and have a fun night out. I didn't bring my camera as they wouldn't let me bring into the Ryman Auditorium for the concert. But I did have my cell phone camera. We got downtown pretty early and went down to lower Broad to have some appetizers and a drink. It was a very nice evening even though it was a little cloudy. We sat outside on the second floor patio and enjoyed the Nashville skyline and the hustle and bustle of lower Broad below us. This is a very busy touristy road in Nashville. Almost all the buildings you see are honky tonks and souvenir and music shops, also alot of country and western clothing stores as one must have a cowboy hat when in Nashville,Ha!
Below is a picture of the "world famous"
Tootsie's Orchid Lounge. This is where a lot of famous Country singers started out and was discovered which led to a world of fame, fortune, and some heartbreak. Tootsie was a very nice women who helped alot of struggling musicians. Read the history at the link.
The patio we were sitting at was right next door to the Sommet Center. The Sommet is where are National Hockey team, The Predators, play. It also serves as a concert hall for all of our big Venues. Daniel took a picture of me with the Sommet in the background, its a beautiful building.
The next picture is of one of a unusual building we have in Nashville. It is the offices of AT&T phone company, but every one calls it the Batman Building. Can you guess why?
We ended the night with a great rocking concert with Boz Scaggs!
It was so nice to have a night out on the town!
I Hope everyone has a great week-end!
xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxo










7 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

What a fun night! My SIL use to live there and we've been downtown there a couple of times.

I had Grave's Disease too which is an autoimmune disease. (I, also, had the radioactive iodine treatment 20 years ago.) Autoimmune disease can trigger fibromyalgia. I agree that hormone treatment for non-active thyroids is not enough! I am tired a good deal of the time and struggle with the weight. I wish there was a good way to just feel better!

Have a great day!
Kim

Jeanie said...

What a glorious time! The photos are great (and inspire me to visit you in Nashville!) and so special to have a night out on the town.

Have you lost weight my dear? You look fabulous!

JessInFocus said...

Oh! I miss the Sommet and the strip! I can't wait till hockey season starts back! It is funny on Braodway. You can spot the non-tennesseans from a mile away! They always try to over do the cowboy theme. Next time you are there on a Friday or Saturday night go to The Stage. They always have great live music (or at least they used to).

Rosa said...

Looks like fun! I love all your pictures. That's a great pic of the batman building! Deary me Beth, I was so sick yesterday afternoon, I am so glad we didn't get together. Yuk. I think it's all nerves. Anyhoo, fersher, next week gf. Next week, it'll all be behind me. loveya! xoxo

jet1960 said...

I'm so glad you got to have night on the town. Downtown Nashville is pretty. I didn't know you couldn't have a camera in the Reyman, oops. When we were up there I took several pictures.

Janet said...

It's good to see you and hubby out having some fun. And thanks for the peek of Nashville and the Batman building!

Cat said...

Oh how fun!

I enjoyed looking at the Nashville pictures, and thanks for including the link to Tootsie's, that was interesting!

Glad you had such a good time!