Sunday, October 05, 2008

Fun Fall Week-end

What a beautiful Fall week-end we had here in Tennessee. On Saturday my brother and I took my Mom and Dad to a Apple Festival that was held at one of the churches in our county.
It was so neat to watch some of the people demonstrate their talents. The lady below was doing some beautiful looming and was dressed in a old fashion dress to make it seem so realistic.


The next artist was a gentleman making some pottery. He had made some very pretty pieces but I didn't get a picture of them.
They also had some beautiful quilts there too. My brother is a quilter and has made some awesome quilts so he was very interested in the quilts they had displayed.






And a picture of Mom navigating her way around with her walker.
There was a big tent and underneath it was 3 big iron cauldrons pots. The men were using some very long stirring poles to stir the Apple Butter that was boiling in the pots and smelling very good. They were selling jars of it and Mom bought 4 jars and I bought one. I also bought a beautiful gourd that lady was selling. She did some fancy wood burning on it and made it into a birdhouse, I will post a picture of it later this week. Below are the men making the Apple Butter.

I stopped at Flea market that morning before the festival and bought some pretty mums and a Japanese maple tree. Below is the mum, I didn't get a good picture of the maple so will post one of it later too.
The sun was so pretty setting in the woods behind our house. The trees are starting to turn just a little bit now thanks to the cool nights we have been having.
We have been having some nice little bonfires in the evenings. We love to sit by the fire and talk and sip some warm cider with a little nip of brandy.
And of course we have to have our faithful little fire dancer out there with us. She loves a good bonfire too.
Of course I was thrilled yesterday because my team, the Titans won another game. We have now won 5 games and lost none. YAY TITANS!!!!
I hope every one else had a great Fall week-end too.
xoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxo

6 comments:

Janet said...

Looks like a perfect way to spend a beautiful fall day. Your mom looks good....I hope everyone is doing better.

Those quilts are wonderful. I love them and appreciate all the work that goes into them but I have no desire to make one!! I don't have that much patience!

jet1960 said...

I enjoyed reading about your weekend. Those quilts are beautiful. How amazing that your brother quilts. I don't have the patience or talent for it myself. Went to a class once at the church and was really pitiful at getting the needle from front to back and back to front. My stitches were awful! But I do appreciate all the work that goes into them, maybe more so because I can't do it myself.

How wonderful to see Ms. Lottie up and about. Glad she is better.

Love how you did the fire pit. I may have to steal that idea.

Have a great week. I'll be getting the swap off in the morning to you.

Flower said...

Fall festivals are so much fun and yours looks like it was very nice! I have a fondness for Sun Bonnet Sue Quilts...they are so delightful!!
Sharing tags sounds like fun...is it an assignment that people agree to? I should read more in your blog about it!! There are so many creative options, aren't there!!

Rosa said...

I would love to have any of those quilts! And apple butter too. Good stuff. I'm so happy your mom is out and about with you again. I love her seat/walker. That is fabulous! Love your fire pit. We used to have one when the boys were younger but we took it to Riverside. Only problem is, we're hardly ever there to use it when it's cooler! I love fires and the smell. xoxo

Jeanie said...

What a fabulous day and beautiful photos. That weaver is especially fascinating -- and you know I'm challenged to pass up a quilt! It sounds like an absolutely glorious day -- Glad to see Lottie looking good, and absolutely thrilled that she's feeling up to going to something with lots of walking about.

Cherish those days, my friend. Every moment!

Carole Burant said...

Oooooh I love these kind of events, especially in the Fall! How I would have loved to be able to go with you. Those quilts are sooooo very beautiful...how awesome that your brother quilts!!! I've never had apple butter so that's something I will have to look for:-) Glad to see that your mom is getting around and enjoying herself!! xoxox