Monday, March 23, 2009

A little bit of Journal Art

So, yes, while I have not been blogging alot lately, I have been journaling. I have really gotten into making some new journal pages. Its just so much fun. I joined one group and then ended up joining a few others and finally found my niche. So here are a few pages I have done lately. The first two are ones that I did today when I got home from work. They just really fell together for me. I Love it when that happens. I think these are my favorites so far. The first one looks like a painting but its really a magazine picture that I have had for awhile. I am so into doing backgrounds and then I use water color crayons and all kinds of pens and just keep on until it suits me.




The next one is one I did several weeks ago, not the best but I just loved the picture.

The next one is just basically pictures. I used packing tape and made transfers with magazine pictures. I haven't journaled on this one yet, but I know it will hit me soon on what I what to write on it.

This one is one for a group I joined. Its 10 things that make me happy. I did them very randomly.
The next one is kind of plain but it was a easy theme for me to write on.
This page is opposite of the one above. I have not journaled on it yet.
This next one is not a journal page. Its a Deco page that I did for a swap that I am in. The theme for this page is "The Circus".
I am really excited because I am finally starting to get the hang of how to make some great backgrounds. Thats always been a hard part of making art for me. Thanks to the internet and some very Excellent tutorials on blogs, groups, and espiecally Youtube, I am getting a lot better grasp on where I want my art to go.
I hope every one is ok and I hope your starting to see spring arriving in your town.
xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoox










8 comments:

The Vintage Kitten said...

Your journal art is gorgeous. I used to craft until I discovered blogging LOL! It has definately got in the way of that, so I think I should blog less and craft more X

Mary Bee said...

My favorite is the "Keep Your Eyes Open" page. Very true message. But all of the pages ar really wonderful work.

All is well with me ang getting better day by day.

Jeanie said...

Oh, Beth -- these are simply lovely! You HAVE been a busy one. It's difficult for me to decide which I like best but right now I lean toward the one you've not written on yet -- with the transfers and all. But who knows, tomorrow it will be another.

Lovely.

Rosa said...

It's wonderful!! Love it! Spring has sprung, hasn't it!!! xo

LollyChops said...

I honestly think my fave of all of your beautiful pages is that top one! I really love that sun. Suns are just wonderful and that one really stands out! So pretty!

jet1960 said...

Oh, Bethie, I love your journal pages! Great work on all of them, but if I had to pick a fav it would probably be the first one, too. I've been neglecting my journaling lately. In kind of a slump. Enjoyed seeing your new work, maybe it will get me inspired.

Carole Burant said...

Oh Beth, you truly are an artist!! Such beautiful journal pages, as well as deco pages. I wish we lived near each other so that you could teach me some of your techniques...I love making ATCs most of all but haven't had time to sit down and do too many lately. Need to rectify that:-) xoxoxo

Shopgirl said...

Look at what you have done, they are all magical. I think you have found the "I get It!"
You have a good weekend. It is hailing here and the wind is blowing hard.....SPRING!
Big Hugs, Mary