Sunday, March 01, 2009

The first of March?

Hmmm,,yep,,this is what we woke up to this morning. After not having hardly any snow all winter we finally got a little last night. It was pretty but it didn't hang around long after the sun came out. West of us, in Memphis they got a foot of snow. A big Upper Level Low has made most of the south cold and white this week-end. Its now heading up the east coast to give every one up that way a little late winter frosting.
Yesterday I worked on some ATCs for a storyline ATC swap. Those are fun to do and my friend Jane is hosting it. Then I had to go to a baby shower yesterday afternoon. My bestfriend,Ginny, and her daughter Sarah came down to go to the shower with me as it was a friend of both of ours. Then my friend spent the night last night. It started snowing last night and we went out and played in it for a little bit but it was really cold. Then we played Uno card game.
This morning
they left, I worked in the art room. I worked on some jewelry projects.
Last week I made some cute little birdies to hang up in my art room. I just LOVE the birdies!

I made the birdies from a template that my dear friend, Lollychops has at her blog. I have them hanging on my florescent ceiling light.


These were just fun and simple to make too. These picture are not that good because I had already hung them up. I should have made picture when it wasn't already dark.
I hope every one had a great week-end. And have a wonderful week ahead too!
xoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxo

8 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

Cute little birdies!

We woke up to the same thing this morning but ours is still here. At least we didn't get the huge storm!

Have a great day!
Kim

LollyChops said...

How lucky that you guys have some snow! It's just cold here.

I love your birdies!!! Thanks for sharing the link with me!

HUGZ,
LOlly

Carole Burant said...

Well I'm glad to see that you finally got the snow I sent up your way! Want some more?? I love to share ya know! hehe I can well imagine how fun it was for all of you to get snow when it's not something you get much of. On the other hand, we get TOO much every year!! Love those little birdies, how delightful they are:-) xoxo

Jeanie said...

These birds are adorable!

i thought of you this morning as I heard about the snow heading up through the south -- wondered if you'd be hit.

I'm glad this one missed us!

Rosa said...

I think you got a little more than us! Love our birdies! They are soooo cute!!!

Shopgirl said...

These are so cute! I never know what I will find at your house. We have snow on the way, I am so ready for spring!!!!
I finished Ruth, now on to other adventures.
Good night, Mary

jet1960 said...

Bethie, I think it may have snowed more here in Alabama. I was working that morning and didn't get to see it was much as I would have liked to. Had problems with an instrument in the lab that AM so it was 11am before I left work. It still looked pretty looking out into wooded areas, but the sun was coming out by then and starting to melt. I was going to try to take pics, but it was too late by the time I got home.

Love your birdies! So cute!

Cat said...

Love your birds!
There's an ATC workshop coming up through work (of all places) that I'm gonna try and make.