Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Our Deer family made another visit!

On sunday before I went to visit Mom, my husband said "Beth look out in the front yard". I was so excited to see our Deer family back. They were under the bird feeder helping theirselves to all the seed that had fallen out of it.

This is looking out my Art room window, and I was able to take some great pics of them.

The picture above is Ms. Hobble,,she has a bad front leg that she can't use. Its the front left that she keeps bent up. But she can run pretty fast on it.



Hmmm,, someone is growing some little Antlers!










On the way home from visiting Mom, I stopped at Wallys and got them a whole back of cracked corn horse feed to pour out in the back yard. I told Daniel that the whole Deer population in Dickson will be in our back yard soon.
Hope everyone is having a great Tuesday!!!!
xoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxox



10 comments:

Gerry said...

OMG, this is so very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

How nice that you have "regulars"!

My Mom and Dad lived in Dickson for about a year then moved to McEwen and now live in Russellville KY.

Annie Jeffries said...

Oh wow. Beth how awesome. Annie in Australia would LOVE these. In fact, I'm going to send her the link. Annie has all sorts of wild creatures in her backyard in the outback.

Shelley said...

How beautiful! We have deer here, but they stay away from the subdivisions. Lovely animals.

Rosa said...

I love them! Love when they hop! Sorry I missed your IM! YES!! SNOW!!!

Janet said...

They're so beautiful. I can't imagine ever shooting one of them!! You're so sweet to feed them.

Shop girl said...

These are wonderful pictures, you are taking such good care of them.
It's so special that you have little animals like this. We get excited about the Birds, I don't know what we would do if a Deer came near.
Big hugs, Mary

Carole Burant said...

Omigosh, such wonderful pictures of the deer!! I love watching them, they are such gentle creatures. How lucky you are to have them coming in your yard like that...I'd be feeding them too...until they'd start eating my flowers in the summer time! lol That's the only problem with eat...they just love flowers! I so enjoyed seeing those pictures of your mom in your previous post...that hot fudge sundae looked so yummy and she really seemed to be enjoying every bite of it:-) Keeping her in my prayers and hope her healing continues to do well. xoxo

Jeanie said...

These are great pictures -- it's rare when I get to see a deer!

Bimbimbie said...

Hello Beth ... Annieelf pointed me your way to come take a look. Lucky you what a lovely sight. *!* Did do get more visitors enjoying the feed?