Thursday, July 26, 2007

Thursdays art!



I have been busy working in the art room for the past few days. I signed up for some new swaps too. I have also been battling some sinus problems and poison ivy rash. I am so allergic to that stuff that all I have to do is look at it and I get it. I have some prescription ointment to put on it so it should get better soon. Its just aggravating trying to not scratch it.
Enough whining!!! Its so hot here today, but we have been lucky enough to get some nice afternoon thundershowers this week so I haven't had to water the flowers as much. I just hate going out when its this hot and humid.
So I have been inside playing in the art room. The images above are the front and back of a monthly chunky page (4 x 4) swap that I am in. I made 5 of these, 4 will be mailed out tomorrow and I keep one. They are for Augusts swap.
Below is a ATC art doll , I made 6 of them for a swap. I made the body by stamping on metal and embossing it. The face is a bottle cap and crytal laquer poured in it, and then she has flower earrings. I think they turned out pretty cute.
I have a stamp that makes the legs and arms. The rest of the week I will be staying in and working on more projects. I hope everyone is having a cool week so far!!!

2 comments:

Mary Timme said...

Oh man! I've never had it, but it sounds bad. Trying not to scrath can drive you nuts. We are supposed to cool down tomorrow. Yeah, with high (to us) humidity.

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

I just love all the art you've been doing...that ATC doll is WAY cute!!
Poor thing with the poison ivy...hot weather doesn't help that either I'm sure. Are you taking any benadryl to help stop the itching or just the ointment? I hope it goes away soon!
Art on sweet Beth!
XOXO
Lisa