Saturday, January 06, 2007

Yesterdays art and wonderful news!

Yes,,I did do my art for the day yesterday, I just didn't post it yesterday. This is another college that I did in Photoshop. I sure do love playing in this program. I have downloaded so many brushes. The vintage children is a picture that I started the picture with. Everything else in the picture is made with the brushes that I downloaded. Its so fun to make collages with this program, and you don't even get glue on your fingers, lol.
So, if you remember I was having major problems with my HP printer this week. It would scan just fine, but I finally determined that the printer head went bad, as I tried every thing I could try to fix it. Well,,my wonderful hubby walked in the door Thursday night with a brand new Cannon printer, scanner, copier, fax machine. I was so blowed away. He said "Happy Early Birthday", now is that not awesome? He is definetly a keeper,lol. I just love it and it makes excellent prints, alot better than my HP.
Now for the really big exciting news. Not sure if any remembers back in late October, Daniel (Hubby) went to take his Professional Engineering test for the third time. It is an all day test and is very much like taking a bar exam to be a lawyer. Well, yesterday the letter came in the mail to let him know if he passed or not. I got it out of the mailbox and knew that was what it was. I didn't call him and tell him as I knew he would worry the rest of the day about it.
I had to go shopping so while I was out I bought him a nice card to thank him for the printer and tell him how much I Loved him. So I put the P.E. letter out in his den and put my card on top of the letter. He always goes out there relax when he gets home. He came in and handed me the letter, he wasn't smiling so my heart just sank,,I openned it up and it said "Congratulations, you passed",,,I of course let out a big whoopie,,and jumped up and hugged him. He was grinning from ear-to-ear! So now he is an official Professional Engineer! And I am so very proud of him! Some people take the test over and over and never can pass it,,I guess the 3rd time was the charm for him. We celebrated the rest of the evening by drinking a little wine and listening to some good music.
Today has just been a chore day for me. I did run some things up to my Moms that I had picked up for her yesterday at Michaels, and I have made some ATCs today too. I will post them tomorrow.
I hope everyone has had a wonderful Saturday!

12 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

Fabulous Beth. Third time was indeed the charm.

Cheryl Wray said...

Love your creation! It's gorgeous!!
Congrats to your hubby. That's great news!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful creation you made Beth!
And CONGRATULATIONS to your husband!
WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!
That is Awesome news!

Patti G. said...

Beth,
Congrats on the new printer.....your photoshop collages are bbbeautiful and DANIEL..........whooooohooooooooo! AWESOME, I suggest you go out and celebrate at a wonderful dinner or something !How great for him!!!! Congrats!Hugs,Patti

TJ said...

Congrats to you Hubby!!
:-D

Mary Timme said...

This is not an easy test, says a lady married to a retired engineer for 43 years! Congrats to you both! What a happy day! Beautiful gifts, sentiments and just the best news. Hooray for Daniel! Hooray for Beth!

Janet said...

That's fantastic news, Beth! Congratulations to Daniel! I'm sure you're both proud and happy as you should be.
Love the art you're creating in Photoshop. I put some ATCs on my blog just now. Tell me your opinion if you will.

vicci said...

Hoorays to Daniel....and to you Bethie!!!! You are having so much fun with photoshop!!! and the collage is great! :-)

Cat said...

What a delightful day! Congrats to your sweety! We had an engineer all smiles where I work last week for the same reason! Cool.

And congrats to you on the new printer/scanner and you are making such neat new art w/ the photoshop! You lucky girl!

Good start to the new year.

Daisy Lupin said...

Adobe photoshop sounds so much fun. Lucky you getting a new printer for an early birthday present.

Rosa said...

Woohoo! Congrats to the hug! And on the new printer and everything. Good stuff. Hugs all around!!

Mary Bee said...

I am just cruising around from site to site tonight saying hello and relishing the phenomenon that is blogging. We take it up innocently and in it, if we are open to it, find a doorway to true friendships with like people all over the world and in our own home town.

What I think I’m saying is . . . . . “I’m really glad I met you – even though I have not yet really met you – and may never actually meet you – it is still amazing.”