Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Tuesdays Treasures

Above is a beautiful 4 x 4 that I will be putting in with my other chunky book pages. It is from my friend Laura. We also swapped ATCs too. I posted the ones I sent to her last week. These are the awesome cards that I recieved from her today!


Aren't they awesome? The first card with the pattern is covered with beeswax. Laura is a great artist! I hope to do many more swaps with her.
So back to work I went yesterday, and 5 a.m. came way to early!! It was a busy day and when I got home I managed to walk on my treadmill and that was about it. The rest of the night I just vegged and read some books.
Today was another busy day. We had a cold front that came through and we saw some sleet with it, east Tennessee, up in the mountains is suppose to get several inches of snow. Oh how I wish I could have some snow days, lol. But really I would rather they come toward the end of Jan. or in February when I will really be wanting a day off. I will be next Monday for MLK day.
So that will be a nice long week-end. It is suppose to be another rainy week-end so I will probably be doing art most of the week-end. OH,,I downloaded more brushes for my photoshop and will be making some more collages with those. They some fantastic brushes that I can't wait to use.
Tomorrow I will be in Court a good bit of the day with my Truancy cases, not looking forward to that.
I hope everyone has a great rest of the day and a peaceful evening!!!

5 comments:

Lena said...

Hi Beth,
Thank you for dropping by Merryville and for your nice comment. Wow, there are sure lots of nice things to look at on your site. Your friends and you do wonderful work. Rosa just sent me my first ATC at Christmas. I find the small scale of it very appealing. We were expecting snow here, but it went to the north and to the south of us. Darn! I'm hopeful that we'll have another chance at it on Sat.
Congrats on the new printer!

Mary Timme said...

I need help Beth,
You and Janet are talking about ATC's all the time. Are these artist trading cards? What is the purpose of them. They are neat to look at, but I'm not getting it, really. Help!?"

TJ said...

beautiful work...I loved the one with the Butterwick pattern...awesome use of imagination!! You know I really think I should try this one day!!
:-D

Anonymous said...

These are really wonderful, Beth!
That chunky book must be quite lovely.

Have a beautiful evening, Beth.

:-)

Mary Bee said...

Oooooh I like the sewing piece a lot. Just out cruising blogs on a Friday night. I ought to get my ole bones to bed here soon. LOL