Sunday, February 08, 2009

Tiaras for the Golden Girls


Tomorrow my Mother and her two sisters are going to get together for their annual Birthday luncheon. They were all born in February. My Mother is on the left, she will turn 80 on the 22nd. In the middle is my Aunt Adelaide, she turned 89 on the 4th. Last is my Aunt Doll( her real name is Anna Laura but has always been called Doll), she will turn 87 on the 10th. This picture was taken about 4 years ago. I had some recent pictures of them but lost them when my computer crashed last fall.
Unfortnately, I will not be able to join them for their Birthday celebration. But today I made them all some Birthday Tiaras to wear tomorrow. Below is the pictures of them.


I took them over to Moms tonight and she loved them! She is going to get pictures of them tomorrow wearing them for their celebration. We always call them the "Golden Girls". They have always been so close and have lived such a wonderfully full life. They have traveled together, cried together, laughed together, and have such wonderful memories that they dearly treasure. All of their children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren, are so proud to have these strong and beautiful women in our lives.
I will post pictures of them wearing their Tiaras sometime this week.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE GOLDEN GIRLS!!!!!

8 comments:

Rosa said...

How exciting!!!! Love those tiaras!! I'm sure the gals loved them too! Yes, it was a gorgeous day! Hope you're feeling back to normal. xoxo

Shopgirl said...

I love the party hats...you have made these three dear ladies something they will never forget..I hope you will share the picture. Are you getting well?
This is really something....My Grandparents that raised me for the first few years of my life called me Doll all my life, so did a lot of my aunts and Uncles.
Big Hugs, Mary (Doll)

Annie Jeffries said...

Beth! I love this new background. And you mom looks so cute with her friends. Fun times.

Jeanie said...

How fun for everyone to celebrate together! The tiaras are inspired! Great!

LollyChops said...

This is so wonderful of you to do! How blessed are you to have them in your life! This just made me smile all over the place! HUGS to them all!!!

Carole Burant said...

Awwww, how wonderful that the three sisters get together to celebrate their birthdays!! I just love the tiaras you made for them and I can't wait to see pictures of them wearing them:-) Such a shame you can't join them, though. xoxo

Cat said...

Happy Birthday Girls!

JessInFocus said...

Oh those are so cute! Hope they had a great time!