Monday, February 23, 2009

Another Birthday!

Yesterday was my Mom's 80th birthday. We celebrated it on Saturday. My brother and his wife came up from Alabama to spend the day with her. My stepbrother grilled out some delicous steaks and we had baked potatoes and I made a yummy salad. I gave her a Alan Jackson CD where he sings the old gospel songs. She LOVES Alan Jackson and loves the old time gospel songs. Our friend Jane who came to see us in November sent her the beautiful flowers she is holding in the picture above. It was a nice day. I was saying my prayers of Thanks because last year I wasn't sure she was going to be here for another birthday after going through her botched back surgery.
She came home with me on Saturday night and I rented the new Richard Gere Movie
"Nights ins Rodanthe" we both had been wanting to see it. It was good but rather sad at the end. But whew,,,Mr. Gere still looks mighty fine.
I hope every one had a wonderful week-end and a Happy Monday!

xoxoxoxoxooxoxox

7 comments:

JessInFocus said...

Wonderful! She looks so good. I like his gospel songs too. He has a good voice for it.

Kim's Treasures said...

Happy Birthday to your mom!!!!

Janet said...

Your mom looks so happy in that picture....and those flowers are beautiful!

Rosa said...

A very happy birthday to Lottie! Love you!!! Big hugs!

jet1960 said...

Sounds like Ms Lottie had a wonderful birthday celebration. So glad she is feeling better. Give her a hug from me and a late Happy Birthday!

Jeanie said...

Oh, Beth, please give your mom my belated birthday greetings. I'm going to try to get a card out to her right away or at least the weekend! She looks absolutely fabulous!

Cat said...

Happy Belated B-Day Mom!