Monday, July 21, 2008

Update on Step-father!

Hi to all! I hope every one had a great week-end. It was another long one for us as it has been the past several months working on other house. We did meet with realtor on saturday. She didn't tell us what we wanted to hear so that was a real bummer. More on that some other time.
My Dad did get in a private room on friday. He seemed to be doing really well but they still had heart moniter on him and oxygen. His kidneys had improved alot and so had his blood count. But they decided to do a arterialgram this morning.
He has 3 major blockages in his arterys. They are transferring him by ambulance this morning to a major medical center here in Nashville. He will be having by pass surgery either tomorrow or Wednesday. This was also news that we didn't want to hear.
They did say that the first heart attack didn't damage his heart and it appears to be strong so we hoping that all goes well with the by pass surgery.
Of course my Mom is pretty upset with this latest news. I am going to hospital after I leave work to check on him. The new hospital is right down the street from my office.
Please continue to remember us in your thoughts and prayers,,,as I do know they work!!!!
Thanks to all my wonderful friends!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxox

5 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annie Jeffries said...

Still with you in daily prayer. Steady as you go, Beth.

JessInFocus said...

I'm sorry he has to go through surgery, but the hospital he is in is supposed to be the #1 heart hospital in Nashville so he should be in good hands.

Sorry the house thing didn't go as planned too.

((Hugs and prayers))

Mary Timme said...

We are there for you. With prayers and with support!

jet1960 said...

It is good they have found out the problem before any damage was done. Will be praying that all will go well with the surgery. He may feel better after he has it done and recovers than he did before, since his heart was in such a bad way.

I know it has to be exhausting for things to keep being wrong though.

My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you,

Jill