Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Ideas for new house!!!

I have been looking at alot of HGTV lately, trying to get ideas on how I want to decorate my new house. I saw a awesome show on last week (can't remember the name of it, but I think it was designing on a dime or something like that). Anyhoo they re-did a lady's kitchen and did in a retro style. I loved it. They used corals and torquoises in it and it look so cool! They also used one of my fave themes lately,,,Birds!!! So now I want to do my kitchen in the bird theme. I have found some really cute fabric for curtains. This is one of the designs.

I Love it. I have found a few more that I like but I keep coming back to this one. Still trying to figure out my colors. I am thinking a light coral on one wall. It will be the wall where I am going to have a L shaped bench for my table seating. Daniel has to build that one. I also like the tan in the fabric too, maybe for the rest of the walls. So,,,I do have a plan started for that room. Now for the rest of the house,,,I will have to keep watching more shows for more ideas. I am also buying alot of decorating magazines too.
Well this a is a shorty but I will post more later!
Have a great day!

2 comments:

Suzanne McDermott said...

I love the bird fabric - it's a great place to start and is neutral enough to pair with a variety of colors. As for your wondering about my studio, it's built and I've been working in it for about a year. I've finally gotten around to documenting the story. I'll catch up to the present day soon enough but I thought the process might be of interest to some people. Let's keep an eye on each other's sites. Looking forward to your progress.

Janet said...

Decorating a new house is such fun. I can't wait to see all the things you do....I hope you post lots of photos as you do along. I like the bird fabric for the kitchen.

I watch way too much HGTV!!